Thursday, November 1, 2012

I Am Troubled By What I See

Hi Everyone,

I had to blog today about something that is very disturbing to me that I am noticing about the hearts of the people today. This spirit of arrogance that is so prevalent in our society. I find it funny that some people think that how THEY think about it, is what matters. As if just because THEY think it, that makes it truth. Listen, that includes ME. I come face to face with truth every day, and have to make a decision of whether I am going to hold on to what I think, or am I going to go with what GOD is saying.  However, not everyone is willing to do that. Some people have this attitude of, "Well, I hear you but I don't think that," or, "I don't see it like that," or, "I don't agree with that." AS IF just because YOU don't see it like that THAT, it's not real.  People this type of attitude only hurts YOU.

I want to talk to you about something that I call "The Thomas Principle". You can actually set your heart to NOT believe. Some people have the attitude of "I will NOT believe it unless I see it". The problem with this type of believe system is some of the things that you have shut your hearts off to believing are for your own good and protection. If you wait to see it to believe, it maybe TO LATE.

God is a faithful God, He will always warn The Body of Christ. John 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. However, we as the people have to heed the warnings. 

There is a story in the book of John about Thomas, a disciple who set his heart to NOT believe. John Chap. 20 tells the story of Jesus' ascension to the father after his crucifixion. Not all of the disciples saw him when he rose from the dead, but He told those who saw him to GO TELL THE OTHERS what had happened. Thomas, one of the disciples who had not seen him, said this when he heard, "But Thomas, one of the twelve, called Didymus, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe." 

You see we can set our hearts to NOT believe. It isn't that God needs to speak it to us differently, we have to humble ourselves to hear him. The problem is our Pride.  This pride doesn't just exist in people it exists in the whole world. Our society is prideful and instills pride in the people. Before we see the truth,  we first have to recognize our NEED for truth, and secondly humble ourselves and allow HIM to reveal truth to us. 

There is one more scripture that I want to leave with you Luke 16:19-31. It is a story about a man who died, went to hell, and then wanted Abraham to send someone back to warn his family not to come to this place. I want you to listen to what Abraham said to him in response to his request. 

"And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;... And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house: For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment. Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.  And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent. And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

As always I leave you with this. Pray to God and ask him reveal these verses, ask Him to reveal truth to you. Tell him to reveal whether what I am saying in this blog is truth and a word for you, and if you feel him tugging at your heart DO NOT IGNORE that tugging. Time is short guys. Our lives have to be IN CHRIST. He is the only thing solid.
Have a good one,
Eboni

1 comment: