Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Have Had to Remind Myself of This Many Times.

Hello All,
I received a call today from someone who is in a very difficult situation. She like so many is facing the very likely possibility of a layoff, and the thoughts have begun to bombard her mind. You know the "what if" scenarios that our minds will so easily play over and over for us when we receive devastating news. What if I don't find another job, how will I pay my bills, how will I take care of my kids, what's going to happen. What if he leaves, what if I don't get well, what if they come get the car, what if they foreclose on the house, what if I can't come up with the money...what if...what if? I listened to her and I told her the same thing I have told myself many times. Regardless of what you are going through, YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Christ is there with you and HIS GRACE is sufficient for you IN THIS situation. In YOUR weakness HIS strength is made perfect. All you can see right now is the storm. You can't see past the storm to the other side, but there is another side.

One of the things that I am observing about Christ is how calm and unaffected he was by wayward circumstances. He was the definition of Peace. The peace that he has is a heavenly, superior, peace. It is not affected by natural circumstances. He was able to sleep in the middle of a storm that was so intense the disciples thought they were going to die. They were bailing water and he was resting. Before he left to go be with the Father he left that peace with us (John 14:27). The same peace that allowed him to be on a boat asleep in the middle of a hurricane we now have as apart of our Salvation.

Most of the things we worry about are temporary situations. They are going to pass away. The mortgages we stress and worry about paying are going to pass away. The cars we cry over not being able to pay for are going to pass away. All the things that take so much of our time, energy, strength and joy are going to pass away. That is why Paul said to CHOOSE to think on the things that are eternal. (Philippians 4) Jesus also told us to LET not our HEARTS be troubled or afraid.You do this by on purpose focusing your mind on Christ and who HE is. Interrupt your emotions with the truth of God's word. The promises of God are real, they all find there Yes in Christ. You can stake your life on and rest in them. HE WILL GET YOU THROUGH, just like he got you through the last time.

I encourage you to visit our website http://www.totalvictoryexperience.com or our YouTube page "The Total Victory Exp" we have tons of messages free for you online that will help you during these times.
Be encouraged and KNOW that you are not alone,
Eboni




No comments:

Post a Comment